I have used blogging at various times and on a multitude of sites for the following reasons:
- to connect with other people and make friends;
- to work through emotions associated with a major injury, surgeries, and physiotherapy;
- to share my recipes;
- to share my running and races;
- to reflect on my teaching practices; and,
- to celebrate my fellow teachers.
Of less concern to me has been the number of followers I have or the number of hits I get. I reflect on this and think, “Well if I am publishing it online don’t I want people to read it?” Maybe, but not because I care to be famous or gain market share or anything like that. Instead, I’d like to think that some of my experiences are an interesting read, and are possibly instructional for others who find themselves in the same boat at one point or another in their lives.
The time has come to be cohesive, and so that is my plan, starting here on July 1, 2015. Let’s see how it goes.